Bhaskaracharya Institute for Space Applications and Geo-Informatics
BISAG, formerly known as Remote Sensing and Communication Centre ( RESECO), has been renamed after the great Indian Mathematician of the 12th century, "Bhaskaracharya". BISAG is a State level nodal agency to facilitate the use of spatial and geo-spatial technologies for the planning and developmental activities pertaining to Agriculture, Land and Water Resource Management, Wasteland/Watershed Development, Forestry, Disaster Management, Infrastructure and Education. The Institute started its operations in April 1997 and was renamed as "Bhaskaracharya Institute for Space Applications and Geo-informatics" in December 2003.
|Name:||Bhaskaracharya Institute for Space Applications and Geo-Informatics|
|Address:||Near CH '0' Circle, Gandhinagar-Ahmedabad Highway, Pin-382 007|
|Phone:||91-79-23213081 / 82 / 90|
Director of the Institute
|Shri T. P. Singh|
Near CH '0' Circle,
- To establish and to carry on the administration and management of the institute so that various planning & development activities pertaining to Agriculture, Soil and Land use, Urban Land use, Water Resources, Watershed, Marine applications, Forest and Environment, Geology as well as training of grassroot level functionaries through satellite communication, etc. can be carried out effectively and economically.
- Acting as a nodal agency to help in the planning process related to natural resources and environment and to prepare baseline inventory of resources on a spatial format at different levels of details and hierarchy viz. scale, administrative and physical units.
- To setup a State Natural Resource Management System ( SNRMS).
- To develop approaches for integrated resources data management.
- To promote the use of SATCOM networks for distant interactive training and education in the State.
- To provide services/consultancy based on specific user needs in the field of Remote Sensing and GIS.
- To provide wider usage of geo-spatial applications through simultaneous support systems / software to concurrent users.