- Monitoring of seismic activity of Gujarat through a dense network of 59 broadband seismograph station (29 connected by VSAT) and 50 Strong Motion Accelerograph in Gujarat and reporting earthquake location as well as their magnitudes within 10 minutes of the arrival of seismic waves.
- GPS Monitoring for Crustal Deformation
- ISR has completed microzonation of Gandhidham-Kandla area in association with oyo international crop., Japan and is carrying out microzonation of Dholera SIR and Gandhinagar.
- Earthquake Prediction Research
- Research & Development through Seismic Data Analysis Center, Geo-technical Lab, Global Positioning System Lab, Engineering Seismology Lab, Optically Stimulated Luminescence Lab for Dating of Sediments, Engineering Geophysics Lab, Gravity & Magnetic Lab, Electrical and Electromagnetic Lab.